VB UltraStable™ Chemically Competent Cells
VB UltraStable™ chemically competent cells are designed to achieve high transformation efficiency (>1x109 cfu/ug) and to propagate DNA plasmids with unstable elements such as repeated sequences. Whether you are doing routine cloning or high-throughput cloning, our host cells offer you the comprehensive technical solutions to meet a wide range of cloning needs.
- Lacks the ability to undergo homologous recombination due to the mutations introduced in the recA gene.
- Suitable for cloning and hosting of lentiviral, retroviral vectors and vectors with repeated sequences and unstable fragments.
- High efficiency for Gateway Cloning, because the cells lack the functional ccdAB operon.
- Can produce high quality plasmid DNA due to the endA mutation (the plasmids won't be digested by endonuclease).
- T1 phage resistant due to the fhuA mutation.
- Can be used for blue/white screening because it expresses the omega-fragment of the LacZ gene.
Ordering Information Price Match
|VB UltraStableTM Chemically Competent Cells||10x100 ul||-80°C|
|pUC19 plasmid DNA||20 uI, 50 ng/ul||-20°C|
|S.O.C. medium||5 ml||4°C or at room temperature|
Shipping and storage
Cryopreserved cells are shipped on dry ice. Upon receiving, competent cells should be stored at -80°C for long-term storage. S.O.C. medium and pUC19 plasmid DNA can be stored at -80°C for long-term storage, or at 4°C for up to two weeks.
F’[∆ccdAB proAB+ lacIq lacZ∆M15 zzf::Tn10 (TetR)] recA1 endA1 fhuA mcrA ∆(mrr-hsdRMS-mcrBC) Φ80dlacZ∆M15 ∆(ara, leu)7697 araD139 ∆lacX74 galK16 galE15 e14- relA1 nupG rpsL (StrR) rph spoT1